ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z370 Extreme4 | Bios Update won't upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Ant1995 Ant1995 wrote:

What program should i download to unzip it? Do i just drag it out and put it in the folder?

First, did you go into the UEFI/BIOS and check the Main page, which will display which version is currently installed? APP Shop might be wrong about the installed version.

In Windows, you simply right click with the mouse pointer on the download .zip file and select the "Extract All..." option in the list. You'll then see a window open with the default folder and file name for the extracted file. Just click Extract and the folder with the file will be displayed. The file in that folder is the one you copy to the USB flash drive to use with Instant Flash.

The UEFI/BIOS download page has instructions for Instant Flash, or find them here. Just highlight the link below, and right click and select Open link in new tab, or whatever you prefer:

http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS8

Originally posted by Ant1995 Ant1995 wrote:

Do you have any idea why my computer takes so long to start up? Close to 5 minutes

While we have no idea what you are using for your OS drive, and what version of Windows you are using, as well as the rest of your hardware, that sounds like you are using a Windows installation done on another PC, with your Z370 Extreme4 board. What version of Windows are you using?

That could also be caused by the OS drive being connected to one of the ASMedia SATA ports, instead of the Intel SATA ports. The two ASMedia SATA chipset ports are the two at the bottom of the "stack" of SATA ports, they are those closest to the Ultra M.2 slot.

If the OS drive is connected to an ASMedia SATA port, just move the SATA data cable up to one of the Intel SATA ports. The ASMedia SATA ports are really only for use with data drives, and the Intel SATA ports will perform better.

rigogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rigogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:25am
2. this issue sounds like OS, something is delaying your full start into the desktop, if you changed motherboards and used same boot drive, it would be best to uninstall all MSI software and drivers.  If problem persists you may have to systematically turn off drivers until you find the culprit.
Armadillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armadillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 3:28am
Hello, I`m new to the forum, and I just started a new buid, and my computer won`t start after shutdown form win 10 only if I unplug it.

Asrock z370 extreme 4 new
I5 8600k new
G.Skill RipjawsV Black 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 Dual Channel (f4-3000c15d-16gvgb) new
PSu thermaltake toughpower 750 w (from my previous PC worked perfect)
1 ssd samsung pro 850
2 wd caviar

I`ve installed everything and the computer starts up, won`t post, shuts down by itself, starts again, and after 1-2 min I see the post to enter bios. After exiting bios the computer boots into windows, everything works fine, and if I shut down, and try to start again it does the same won`t post, shuts down, restarts, shuts down (Everytime the bios resets by itself). If I unplug the cable from psu, starts normally, and the bios setting remain saved (XMP mode activated)
I`ve try to update bios from windows 10 / flash drive but as soon as it loads the file and prompts me to press enter to restart, it`s acting again and the computer shuts OFF. If I pres power on,the loop starts again shuts down/starts up by itself for 30 sec, and then again prompts me to enter bios with all on default.
both power cables from psu are connected to MB, ram are in recommended slots (I`ve tryied with 1 module in all slots), I`ve remove all usb connections from case to MB and still the same problem.
the bios battery is good, if I unplug the cable, the data remains in bios. Only if I try to start without unplugging the cord, after numerous tries to post, the bios gets reseted and computer starts.
Any ideea what it`s going on? should I return all components (I still have 4 days)
When running, the computer works perfect without any problems.
Thank you. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic