ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BIOS won't update through downloaded APPSHOP setup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS won't update through downloaded APPSHOP setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camblongkaras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOS won't update through downloaded APPSHOP setup
    Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:12pm
I recently tried to update my BIOS from version 7.10 to version 7.20 after I was told that my Driver ACPI errors 56 in the event viewer could be fixed with updating the BIOS. I tried to update the BIOS in the Asrock App Shop downloads but everytime I tried to install it, it just reboots, goes to BIOS, but it still says that it's 7.10. What is the fix for this? Internet Flash won't work either.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 10:03am

Dear Camblongkaras,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, please download the BIOS from ASRock website and update by Instant Flash.

http://www.asrock.com/index.asp

Update Instruction:

1.       Save the BIOS files on a device such as USB disk (FAT32 format), hard disk (FAT32 format) and floppy drive.

2.       Press [F6] when you see this (or similar) page.

3.       Select the suitable BIOS version and flash.

http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS8

Also, please provide your model name for us to check if Appshop and Internet Flash are working.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 09 Jan 2018 at 10:05am
camblongkaras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camblongkaras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 11:07pm
Hello. I am using an Intel-H110M HDV Motherboard. I've recently updated the APPSHOP to the latest version too.

I have tried those previous methods but they have not worked as well. It just boots up to the BIOS Ez Mode screen and nothing happens. I tried to use Instant Flash and Internet Flash; both have not worked, Instant Flash does not detect an image file and Internet Flash manages to detect updates, but cannot download them due to internet connection errors, despite previous configuration.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 11:11pm
Always use Instant Flash from within the UEFI. You will need to download and unzip the appropriate update from your board's support page onto a FAT32 formatted flash drive. If it isn't detected still then make sure you have the correct board model, use a tool like CPUz and check the exact board model. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic