ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nahimic does not work (B550M Pro4)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue2501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nahimic does not work (B550M Pro4)
    Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 11:31am
Hi, I have a new B550M Pro4 and I'm having trouble with Nahimic. I have the audio drivers installed, and the Nahimic app and companion. Nahimic Companion says everything is up to date. Sound works. However, in the Nahimic app, none of the EQ and effects controls do anything. I can click on them, toggle switches, move sliders and all, but none of them actually changes anything. I've tried rebooting, re-plugging, and re-installing the drivers and software, nothing has helped. What should I do to get it working properly?
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 11:33pm
I commented on your similar post on the reddit/Asrock forum. Did you try any of my suggestions?
I have to agree with you that the Nahimic apps settings and equalizer do little to change the sound quality of my 2.1 Logitech speakers. I do not use it.
goldv2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goldv2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 5:00am
I was having the same issue. Everything worked properly, but none of the effects made a difference. I then uninstalled my speaker device from device manager and rebooted. After that it started working perfectly, except the surround sound option that seems like it doesn't change anything. Try that and see if it helps. I did not reinstall or uninstalled drivers, only the device, and when you do uninstall the device, make sure you uncheck the box that says, "uninstall device drivers too". Or something along those lines.
Rafael Almeida
Blue2501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue2501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by MadScientist MadScientist wrote:

I commented on your similar post on the reddit/Asrock forum. Did you try any of my suggestions?

Thanks again for posting over there! I had a look and decided I should ask over here first before I started mucking around with hacked drivers. I just tried goldv2's trick in this thread and it seems to have worked! If that trick stops working I'll get into the more advanced tom-foolery.

Originally posted by goldv2 goldv2 wrote:

I then uninstalled my speaker device from device manager and rebooted

That seems to have worked perfectly, even the fake surround sound seems to work.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:57am
@goldv2
Wow, that's freaky but it works. I used a slightly different approach. Instead of uninstalling the speakers in device manager I disabled them and Nahimic's effects worked. Went back into Device Manager, enabled them and effects still work with my wired earbuds and 2.1 speakers.

goldv2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldv2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:24am
I'm glad I was able to help. If you find anyone else with that issue, make sure to tell them what we did.
Rafael Almeida
noelman8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelman8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 3:13am
happy holidays!

MS store issued Nahimic3 app v1.5.4 several days ago before Christmas
see if the new 1.5.4 version of the Nahimic 3 app works on your ASRock boards
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 5:52am
The Nahimic app updated itself to v1.5.4. All the effects and its equalizer are still working.
noelman8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelman8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:24am
Realtek audio 6.0.9079.1 UAD Nahimic driver (9079.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic) recently posted for newly released ASRock motherboards

https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=Drivers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic