ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asrock x99x KillerFatalityRam speedCacheBios issue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock x99x KillerFatalityRam speedCacheBios issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock x99x KillerFatalityRam speedCacheBios issue
    Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 6:14am
Hi the motherboard above I flashed it to the latest bios that supports broadwell-e cpu , I have the older 5960x haswell-e cpu. I was not able to overclock the cache at all, anything above 3.3 would fail to boot, even though the cpu on another board did 4.1-4.2ghz cache speed. I was researching why and some said it's because of the bios update for broadwell-e. So I flashed the bios to a version that is before the broadwell-e microcode update. and now this older bios does not even have an option to run 3200mhz ram at 1:1 100fsb which sucks. Only the preset oc tab for memory will set like 120fsb for 3200mhz for the ram which does not post. The 3150 strap at 121.9 will not post either. Really want my ram at 3200mhz and cache much higher than 3.3 it will do 4.1~1.15v on another board with cores at 4.5 1.25v.

I guess it is either have ram at 1:1 3200mhz on newest bios with crappy cache speed, or cache overclock on old bios with no option for 3200mhz unless utilizing a different strap above 100 bclk resulting in no post or 3000mhz ram max at 125 fsb. At that speed my ram can only do 16-18-18-38 which is'nt so great as when I have it at 3200 16-19-19-36 2t 1.37v. Any suggestions? :)

Flashed to an even older bios 1.9 and it does'nt like my ram (had to throw some crucial ram in there to get it to post.) Flashed back to bios 2.1 and got my Hyperx ram back, now i'm wondering what to do. I need to oc the cpu cache it gives quite a bit of performance on x99. I did'nt buy a 1260mm radiator to sit at 3.0-3.3 cpu cache heh.

Now i'm on bios 3.1 and it has dd4 support at 3200+ 4000. It still wont let me overclock the cache/ring ratio higher than 3.3ghz still though. Even though on another board it did 4.1 cache/ring ratio @1.15v. I thought I read at a forum it might have to do with the IME driver. In my bios it says IME v10.090910 or something and the driver from the Asrock website is IME driver ver:11.0.4.1186

Here is the bios page- https://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/fatal1ty x99x killer/#BIOS

I've tried bioses 1.9, 2.1, 3.1, and 3.4 and none let me overclock the ring/cache clock. This board can deliver 1300 watts to the cpu, I want to overclock the cache too. :)

Is this because I have an older version of the motherboard and only 3.1+ bios version motherboards shipped with the "OC Socket" and the old ones don't have this? I thought I read this somewhere but would like to confirm. Or is it an Intel Management Engine version issue? I've tried just about everything. I don't know why the cache/ring/uncore wont overclock on alot of x99 Asrock boards, as it makes for a significant increase in performance, I just probably don't have the oc socket. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated Thank you.
My PC has been on fire three times!
Donovan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 6:27am
At 4.1-4.2 cache on this same cpu on another motherboard I would get over 70,000 in aida64 memory benchmark @3200 ram. At 3.3 cache I only get like 57,000 54,000 mb/s on this board. Other motherboard had the OC Socket MSI Godlike gaming x99a.
Donovan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 6:39am
About the Intel Management Engine version in the post above for 1.8/1.9 bios said IME Firmware 9121010 at the 2.1 or 3.1 bios the bios firmware said IME v9131008. Then the software for IME there is only one version available it's at Asrocks website 11.0.4.1186. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated Thank you.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 7:28am
You might want to try a support ticket:
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

Here on the forums it's unlikely you will get a response from ASRock, they do post
here from time to time but typically on posts about newer products or larger scale
issues. Generally responses here come from fellow users and given you are talking
about x99, not many users are on that platform or know how to help. My only HEDT
system is AMD so I can't really help either.

Good luck
Donovan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2024 at 4:58am
I figured it out I bought the x99x killer not the x99x killer/3.1. My board x99x killer does not have an oc socket. :( I bought it off ebay the seller stated 3.1 at the end of the title so I thought it was the x99x killer/3.1 which it is not. So I cannot oc the cache at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic