ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi x670e + 4090 FE Not Posting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taichi x670e + 4090 FE Not Posting
    Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 11:38am
I have been running the pc for 6 months without issue and took the 3.01 bios update which was a HUGE mistake. My gpu suddenly is not initiating and even after 100 reboots it will not get recognized as a video source and I am forced to use the iGPU. I have tried to roll back the bios and nothing has worked. I have gone from BIOS 1.09 all the way to 2.02 and every single bios does not start up the gpu as a video source.

This appears to be a known issue. Is there a specific BIOS that i just overlooked and what else can I do. I have bought new display cables, I have swapped power cables to PSU (seagate titanium level 1300W PSU), i have now tried to reinstall windows and that is not working. This is pretty frustrating. Is there another bios that needs to be released? Jiar acan the forums and there seems to be tons of folks with this issue and most have said ?œjust buying a different brand mobo fixes the issue?? If this isnt resolved soon ill be forced to do the same thing.
Nuoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 10:07pm
Has anybody experienced this issue recently and what BIOS did you end up loading to get it to run? I tried changing the pcie x16 lane to gen3 instead of auto and that did not work.
Jose1001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jose1001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2024 at 3:09am
How scary mate, I receive this week another X670E Taichi for my 7950X3D, and the truth is that I also have my doubts. Let's go with you: I would try to disconnect EVERYTHING instead, and also remove the components, even the Processor, remove the battery from the battery for a few minutes, put it back in, download the BIOS 3.01 again, rename it to CREATIVE. ROM, removed all the components, just connect the power cable of the ATX 24-pin motherboard, insert the USB stick with the renamed BIOS, and the USB formatted in FAT32, place it in USB on the back of the Board indicated for the Bios FlasBack (not in another) and that is marked with a box, give the BIOS button 3 seconds and see if it flashes, it would make sense that it would update you well in a few minutes. Then connect and install all the necessary drivers... EXCEPT for the 4090 FE (save it for last). And when you have your Windows with everything updated, turn off the PC and install the 4090 FE as if you had just bought it, but I would do it with "internet disconnected" so that you don't install the generic Windows drivers,.... and you will tell us. Good luck and greetings. PS: Excuse my way of expressing myself, I use a translator.
-Ryzen 7950X3D -ASRock X670E TAICHI -G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 CL30 2x32gb 6000mhz
-Asus Strix RTX 4070ti OC 12gb   -Seasonic Prime TX-1000 -Crucial T700 2Tb+Samsung M.2 990 Pro 2tb
-EK-WatersCR360
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 2:52am
they renamed the GPU selection fields in recent BIOSes.

i believe in the 3.01 you have to set "dGPU only" mode or something.

how you have set the GPU selection fields in BIOS?

edit:

Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration

Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO..\GFX Configuration

Edited by M440 - 21 Jun 2024 at 3:34am
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic