ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi x399 stuck on post - A9 Dr. Debug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarpedTrekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taichi x399 stuck on post - A9 Dr. Debug
    Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 7:21am
I am no longer able to POST after installing a pcie e-sata card and changing OpRom to Legacy Only. My screen shows the Asrock logo , try to press Del to go into System Setup but all I get is a blank screen.
I've since taken out the pcie card, but it still won't post and boot up.

There is no description for A9 code. Anyone know what that mean?
WarpedTrekker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarpedTrekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 9:16am
Looks like it has something to do with PCI-e E-SATA card. I have tried two E-SATA cards, and none of them work in any of the slots, including the 1x slot.

How to get ESATA card working?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarpedTrekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 11:31am
Nope. Took out all PCie except for Nvidia 1080Ti. Randomly get blank screen and Dr. Debug A9 code. Try pressing reset button on board, and still get blank screen.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarpedTrekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 9:08pm
I think the IOMMU may be the issue now. I disabled it, and so far running. Which is odd, because I have latest Win10 and IOMMU should work with it. I'll keep this thread posted if it happens again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic