ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B660-M Pro RS with i5-12400F -black screen no bios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B660-M Pro RS with i5-12400F -black screen no bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iishadster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B660-M Pro RS with i5-12400F -black screen no bios
    Posted: 21 Jun 2024 at 7:14pm
Looking for some help if possible

Just completed a new build with the Asrock B660-M Pro RS motherboard with a new i5-12400F alongside using my previous GTX 970 with this build and a new m.2 2TB ssd.

Completing the build yesterday was fine but we struggled to boot into bios, the computer would switch on (lights all on and all fans on) but to the display there is absolutely nothing. I had a thought this could be because the 12400F model CPU has no integrated graphics. But shortly after we played around with shorting CMOS, the boot took a while but saw an Asrock logo after a couple of minutes. Was then able to proceed and install windows on the new SSD.

Once Windows was installed, took the PC back upstairs to try and boot and the same issue is occurring - just a pure black screen, no BIOS no windows boot up, nothing. The display port is plugged into the GPU, have tried it plugged into the mobo but same issue. Same with using HDMI.

Not sure if anyone has come across something similar?
M440 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 54 minutes ago at 3:04pm
update the bios as soon as possible especially if you encounter any problems. Going forward with os instalation if you have problems getting into the bios was pointless

honesly pack it up and buy your am5. its not worth $100 you saved on ddr5 to invest in dead socket, less/worst pcie configuration and cpu upgrade options even intel thinks is backwards and went to TSMC to produce own zen5c

Edited by M440 - 10 hours 51 minutes ago at 3:07pm
asrock b650m/hdv.m2, ryzen 7700x@85watt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic