ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A55M-VG3+ bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A55M-VG3+ bios
    Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 6:44am
Hi all

So I'm a new member here, long time tech head.

tl;dr I need a copy/clone of an A55 chipset bios in binary.

So I've got a budget build going based around the MB in the topic: Asrock FM2A55M-VG3+
I want to use a brand new cpu I bought from Amazon, the Athlon X4 860K which I know is possible with a bios flash made available since 2014 (I'm excited to see what I can get out of it), so in the meantime I have an A6-5400K that is supported by this board, so to the point: While flashing the board from the UEFI which was working great, my (later discovered faulty) power supply failed at 90% complete, it bricked the bios I tried multiple recovery methods which are few on such an older budget board.

So I've bought an EEPROM and have it working correctly and have properly detected my bios chip all is well.

The problem.. I need the bios to be in .bin format and I have it in .rom I think or wph, either way not the correct format, I'm to the point that I have it (the bios) pulled up in a hex editor but I'm a bit lost there.

What I want/need: I'm hoping for either a copy of the original bios .bin from an A55 chipset or even the latest driver for the A55 chipset, that would allow me to write it to my bios chip using my EEPROM.

Or, some instruction on using a hex editor to chop/convert the .rom to .bin for my specific need. As I can only find general instructions to do this but I don't know enough about binary to allow me to transpose for my specific purpose.

I'd appreciate any suggestions that meet the level of complexity as I've stated, the one thing I haven't tried is asking asrock to email me a bios in binary, but I'm not in a huge hurry and thought the community would be most helpful.

Edited by demacy - 01 Nov 2016 at 6:50am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 12:10pm
I'm not a programmer, but ....

I've known Fernando at http://www.win-raid.com/ for years and years. He or another there will set you straight.

Go to https://www.bios-mods.com/ and look at the tools they offer or ask in the forum.

Have you simply renamed the Instant Flash file to .bin and seen if the editor will load it?

demacy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 4:38am
Thanks for the info, I'll try those resources.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by demacy demacy wrote:

Thanks for the info, I'll try those resources.

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic