ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

extreme3 r2.0 turbo speed issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaotic_uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: extreme3 r2.0 turbo speed issue
    Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 9:47pm
just rebuilt my system after my psu took out my mobo etc , I purchased the extreme3 r2.0 and the fx8370 which runs fine . my question is why does it not turbo at all to any where near 4.3 , the turbo is on in the bios but nothing above 4.1 ghz even though it is set to 4.3

Edited by chaotic_uk - 20 Nov 2016 at 9:48pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by chaotic_uk chaotic_uk wrote:

just rebuilt my system after my psu took out my mobo etc , I purchased the extreme3 r2.0 and the fx8370 which runs fine . my question is why does it not turbo at all to any where near 4.3 , the turbo is on in the bios but nothing above 4.1 ghz even though it is set to 4.3

Is that a 970 Extreme3 2.0?

What are you using to monitor the CPU speed? Some programs are slow to update themselves, and miss quick jumps to the Turbo speed.

What about option settings in the BIOS, OC Tweaker? What does the Processor Maximum Frequency display show?
chaotic_uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaotic_uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2016 at 2:29am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by chaotic_uk chaotic_uk wrote:

Is that a 970 Extreme3 2.0?

What are you using to monitor the CPU speed? Some programs are slow to update themselves, and miss quick jumps to the Turbo speed.

What about option settings in the BIOS, OC Tweaker? What does the Processor Maximum Frequency display show?

yes it is the 970 extreme 3 r2.0

using hwmonitor by cpuid (cpu-z)

yes the settings in the oc tweaker , on auto it's max 4.1 and manual turbo does not kick in at all (stops at 4 ghz) . turbo is enabled

Edited by chaotic_uk - 21 Nov 2016 at 2:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic