ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

M2-disk not listed ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnipinni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M2-disk not listed ?
    Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 8:21pm
A88M-G/3.1 black after restart of w10 (fast ring) do no find C: (M2) Been working a long time. RUNNUNG uefi - GPT Disk is not listed in boot options ?
cannot enter UEFI after using internal update should better use of M2

Edited by Finnipinni - 27 Oct 2016 at 8:28pm
A88M G-3.1 2x4GB XMS SM951NVMe NanoPSU MediaPC
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Finnipinni Finnipinni wrote:

A88M-G/3.1 black after restart of w10 (fast ring) do no find C: (M2) Been working a long time. RUNNUNG uefi - GPT Disk is not listed in boot options ?
cannot enter UEFI after using internal update should better use of M2

I don't know if I understand what you are try to tell us about your problem. I think I know this:

After a Windows 10 "insider, fast ring" update, your M.2 SSD Windows drive is no longer included in the Boot order.

What I do not understand is:

1. What M.2 SSD are you using?

2. What do you mean by, "A88M-G/3.1 black after restart of w10". Does that mean your
     monitor has a black screen? No signal to the monitor?

3. You wrote: "cannot enter UEFI after using internal update should better use of M2".
     Does that mean you updated the UEFI/BIOS to version 1.40, which has, "Improve NVMe                compatibility"?

Did you update to UEFI 1.40 after the Windows 10 update? I think you did to try to fix your problem.

When you get the Windows 10 Insider updates, they can change the drivers you use. If you had an NVMe driver for your M.2 SSD installed, then it might be replaced with the Windows 10 NVMe driver, which does not work well with your M.2 SSD.

Why can you not enter the UEFI after the update? Pressing the Del key does nothing? If that is true, and you are using a wireless keyboard, try using a wired keyboard, since the Windows 10 update and new UEFI version can cause wireless keyboards to not be seen by the PC.

A UEFI update sets all the UEFI options to their default values. If you set any options in the UEFI for your M.2 SSD, like CSM, or a CSM sub-option, then they are no longer set that way.
Finnipinni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnipinni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 2:26pm
tanks for answering
1.Samsung SM951 NVMe
2. As you suggested : screen is all black. no post atall.
3.yes
4.yes
5.aha,but I shold see some numbers in post ?
6.Pressing Dell does nothing - USB keyboard Logitech K400.
May be the UEFI does not find the M.2. ?

Edited by Finnipinni - 28 Oct 2016 at 2:27pm
A88M G-3.1 2x4GB XMS SM951NVMe NanoPSU MediaPC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic