ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock 970 Pro3 - SSD not recognized

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crossties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock 970 Pro3 - SSD not recognized
    Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 4:02am
Bought a ASRock MB with 16GB ram (2x8 1300 - Crucial), GeForce GT710 Video and 250gb SSD - Samsung SSD 850 EVO.

Installed all the parts but couldn't get the SSD to be recognized by the BIOS.  Read in a post that the BIOS needed to be updated so I did that and the SSD was recognized and I was able to install Win 7 Ultimate on the SSD  and everything worked great for 4 days then the SSD stopped being recognized by the BIOS.  I tried swapping SATA ports and new cables, reset the bios via the CMOS reset pins but nothing.  At a loss as to what the issue would be.  Has anyone experienced this issue and have a solution?
Crossties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crossties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 5:10am
Solved the problem.  Turned out that the issue was in the SATA power cable.  Was trying to splice together power cables of a Generic 4 pin power cable to SATA end.  Moved the SSD to it's own SATA power cable from the 750w power supply and now it sees the SSD.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 12:13pm
Thanks for getting back to us with your solution. The first thing to try with a problem like this is always checking cables Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic