ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B550 Steel Legend Non-Stop BSOD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxaereon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B550 Steel Legend Non-Stop BSOD
    Posted: 03 Jul 2024 at 8:19pm
Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500x

Board: ASRock B550 Steel Legend (BIOS ver3.4)

RAM: TEAMGROUP Inc. SK Hynix DDR4-3200(1600MHz) 2x8GB

GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

PSU: Silverstone 750W ST70f-ES230

SSD: Kingston 1TB SATA

Story:

My Aorus Elite B450 mobo died after 3 years. Assembled it myself. Had no problems with anything, except that after a year into using it, it won't start on cold weathers unless it's heat up, i.e. hair blower into the rig. It worked normally on summer days that's why I knew immediately that something was wrong when it never woke up from an idle standby during a hot day.

I looked for a new mobo and bought ASRock B550 Steel Legend. I have removed the CPU, RAM, and GPU, PSU, SSD from the old build and re-assembled the entire thing with the new mobo.

Problems:

Encountered a TON of BSOD after I boot which I expected to happen due to drivers, then I reinstalled windows on a new drive I partitioned from CMD recovery. I still encountered a TON of BSOD, like it would die between 0-5 minutes of doing something. Can't even backup files as it would BSOD in the middle of transfer and would throw an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL code if I remember it correctly.

Compilation of BSOD Error Codes I encountered:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTION

KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION

Error code from above but specified with USBXHCI.SYS/NETIO.SYS/WIN32KBASE.SYS/TCPIP.SYS/NDIS.SYS/HIDUSB.SYS

After a bit of reading other posts on the internet I did 2 things:

1. Reformatted the entire disk thinking the drivers that were still installed in the other volume was still messing up my system and did another OS install.

2. Changed the processor speed and voltage from auto to manual in BIOS = 3600MHz @ 1.1 V. I've read other posts with the same mobo/issue and saw things about "c-state", etc., decided to pick a solution and did the thing above as I noticed from CPU-Z that my core voltage was 1.35 V and seeing my core speed go from 3.6MHz to 4MHz for some reason.

Anyone know what the problem is? Would anyone be able to help me with the best bios settings if it's a bios issue? Any help or insight would be appreciated as this mobo is already expensive for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic