ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Killer LAN killed itself

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nenad78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Killer LAN killed itself
    Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 3:37am

LAN no longer working on WIn 10 64bit, 990kf killer mobo.  Before going out completely it was giving "network changed" error and was constantly making new internet connections (20 of them in the end were present). Tried to reinstall driver, tried beta driver, called my cable operator who said all is well (Wi-Fi) works. Diagnostics says "one or more network protocols are missing". I see many people had similar problems but I tried most of the solutions from the web and nothing works.

Thanks,

Nenad

hgonzale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hgonzale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 3:30am
Maybe is a software problem and not a hardware problem.

First, did you try using a Live Windows/Linux CD/DVD/Pendrive

Is the best way for testing first. IF the problem is software, this is not the correct group my friend
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Nenad78 Nenad78 wrote:

LAN no longer working on WIn 10 64bit, 990kf killer mobo.  Before going out completely it was giving "network changed" error and was constantly making new internet connections (20 of them in the end were present). Tried to reinstall driver, tried beta driver, called my cable operator who said all is well (Wi-Fi) works. Diagnostics says "one or more network protocols are missing". I see many people had similar problems but I tried most of the solutions from the web and nothing works.

Thanks,

Nenad

Windows 10 has caused many networking problems with the most commonly used networking chips, such as any from Intel, and your Atheros E2200.

Features like Teaming on Intel networking chips has been broken for about a year now, and not fixed after five new releases of the Intel networking driver. I have personally experienced this on going problem.

This problem is a Windows 10 related problem, not something wrong with your board.

I see on your board's download page a newer Atheros driver, with a link to a guide for updating this driver for Windows 10. This guide seems to address the malfunction you have. Have you tried this procedure yet:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20990FX%20Killer/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic