ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B650E Taichi Lite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StangMan04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B650E Taichi Lite
    Posted: 16 Oct 2023 at 8:21am
I recently built my PC and am having a difficult time getting my 4090FE to display video output. If I power on my PC it usually has no display output via HDMI or DP ( I am using HDMI but tested DP). I have to reboot the machine via reboot button sometimes multiple times until I get a display.

Once I have a display and I go into Windows, I have no issues gaming, etc. So once it is working there have been no crashes. But for some reason I cannot get display output consistently. I hate having to reboot the machine multiple times to get it to work. I have an iGPU in my 7800x3d which I have disabled from what I can see in BIOS but even with it disabled I get no output from the 4090. Eventually when I reboot and get display the iGPU is showing enabled again, though I am not using it. Now when I don't get a display, I know my machine is booting because I have my speakers on and I get the tone from Windows once it has booted into Windows. just have no video throughout the boot.

I have tried that UEFI firmware 1.2 tool and it showed it installed successfully but still continue to have this issue. I thought it was a driver issue but not getting a display prior to Windows makes me believe that is not the case. I have uninstalled the driver via DDU a couple times.

I am at a loss and getting frustrated, I just want my machine to work properly in a consistent manner.

I have a ASRock 650E Taichi Lite motherboard. I have installed the latest Beta 1.30 BIOS and even downgraded to 1.29 Beta this morning to see if that changed anything but still remains the same. I had issues booting with EXPO enabled which is why I updated to the Beta from 1.28 which the Betas resolved that issue with my memory.
StangMan04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StangMan04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2023 at 8:40am

For clarification, I have a G3223Q 4K/144hz monitor I am using. I also have an Acer Predator 2k/144hz monitor and using DP for that monitor and the issue remains with either monitor so it is not a monitor issue.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2023 at 3:13pm
Have you tried leaving the iGPU enabled? It would help to know if it shows a display
every time without the iGPU disabled.

In addition, have you tried connecting your monitor to the iGPU when there is no
output from the 4090? It would help to know if it's a signal routing issue.

If none of that helps, open a support ticket with ASRock:
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StangMan04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2023 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Have you tried leaving the iGPU enabled? It would help to know if it shows a display

In addition, have you tried connecting your monitor to the iGPU when there is no

I have tried leaving it enabled. This morning I just powered on my PC to check. I was wondering if it was a RAM issue and the EXPO since I kept noticing the line at the top left showing up like I was about to see the BIOS flash screen but display would cut out and I would see it going code 15 a couple times like it was memory training. Well I set the BIOS to default and this morning it booted to Windows with no display for 4090 like usual. I switched the HDMI to the onboard and it does have a display.

9/10 the iGPU works, there have been a couple times I hear the Windows chime but no display from either. Now the RAM I am using is not on the QVL (G.Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR) that I am aware of and that is what had me wondering if EXPO was the issue, but even with EXPO off I am having the issue.

Another odd thing, I have once had no display from the 4090 and I moved the cable to the iGPU and had display, I went into BIOS setup and it had the iGPU disabled but I was still using it. I found that odd.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StangMan04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I some more testing last night. I had a instance were there was no video output from the iGPU or the 4090. I am using memory not on the QVL and thought this might be an issue but I can get it to boot on EXPO timings or default. I also have problems with both as well.

I am starting to think that the board or the BIOS is buggy. I don't think the 4090 is an issue because when it is displaying and I am in Windows, I can run benchmarks, play games etc without issue.

Memory could possibly be the other issue and I almost bought another set of memory last night but cancelled my order.

I went ahead and ordered a new motherboard last night and I really don't want to do this because I really like the look and waited months for the B650E Taichi Lite to come out, but I can't deal with this issue because it is like Russian roulette with getting the display output from the 4090 and having to constantly reboot my PC until it will display so I can game etc. I have a custom water loop so I will have to disassemble it in order to replace the board, which is going to be a huge pain, but I have to get resolution to this problem.

I did submit a ticket last night to ASRock and hopefully hear something but if I don't hear or get this resolved by this weekend, I will replace my board. If the new board works, I don't know what to do with the ASRock besides trash it. This is my first ASRock board I have ever purchased because I heard good things for AM5 and wanted to give them a shot, but I may have to go back to Gigabyte if the board is the issue. I hate throwing money at an issue but I have been sitting on parts since early this year and I am tired of not being able to game on it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StangMan04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 9:37am
I did some more troubleshooting tonight below is what I wrote in another thread in the NVIDIA forums.

I will try to work on getting some logs if I can. I am having a heck of a time. I have had instances of having NO display from onboard AND the 4090. I have to forcibly reboot the PC. It cycles in debug code 15 which is memory training from what I have been told. What I mean by cycling, is that on boot, I get a cursor image (like before BIOS flash screen), then BIOS/ASRock logo flashes and then it shows code 15. Then it tries it again and keeps doing the same thing over and over. Eventually it will boot to Windows and most of the time the onboard works and not the 4090. The 4090 will work on rare occasions. Then I also have a few times where neither display output works.

I was able to install the drivers with DDU but dealing with the cycling memory training currently. I had EXPO enabled 6000CL30 and now the JEDEC (4800MHz) setting for memory. But, the memory training keeps cycling. Gets to ASROCK screen to enter BIOS then immediately reboots and shows debug 15. This happens over and over and over and over and eventually it will get past.

I have just reset CMOS by powering off my PC and holding the reset CMOS button on the back of my motherboard for around 15 seconds or so. I forgot to turn off safe mode so it did boot into Windows in safe mode (using onboard iGPU, 4090 didn't work). I turned safe mode off since drivers have already been uninstalled. I then rebooted and upon reboot, no signal from onboard or 4090 again, so had to hit reboot button. Booted to Windows with onboard iGPU. Installed NVIDIA latest drivers I downloaded prior to clearing with DDU.

After installing the NVIDIA drivers, I rebooted. I switched the HDMI while it was restarting and briefly got a glimpse of the Restarting... image on the 4090. Once rebooted I had no signal from 4090 or the onboard graphics again. Sigh....
MightyCaps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyCaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2024 at 1:54am
Hi, i just received my brand new B650E Taichi lite and the bios was from 2023, i have the same problem as you but with an RTX 4070Ti Gaming X Trio from MSI i'm coming from a MSI B550M Mortar with 5800X3D with this same graphic card and never had one issue before and since it is on this f.....g motherboard i have issue with recognising and then initialising my graphic card and when it happens i have like you 9/10 the iGPU that is working even if a deactivated it in the bios, bugged as hell for a so expensive mobo it's just intolerable.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StangMan04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2024 at 1:57am
Yeah, I sold my Taichi and got a Gigabyte board since they had treated me well previously. I wanted the Taichi due to the error code display and it was the cheapest board for it at the time. Board was good outside of that issue, I updated BIOS and everything with no change. Heard ASRock was good but this issue left a sour taste in my mouth. Guess that is what I get for trying another brand.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyCaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2024 at 2:04am
Ok thanks gor you blazing fast answer, and with the new mb no problem? Is it a B650E too or another chipset?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyCaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2024 at 2:05am
Originally posted by MightyCaps MightyCaps wrote:

Ok thanks for you blazing fast answer, and with the new mb no problem? Is it a B650E too or another chipset?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic