ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

polychrome rgb not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Datexcz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: polychrome rgb not working
    Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 4:11am
Hi, every time i try to launch polychrome rgb it show me error:

no asrock peripherals detected on this computer

Can you please help me?

MB: x470 master sli
Polychrome version: 2.0.168
BIOS ver. : 4.90
castel266 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castel266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 2:11pm
Hello,
i have the same problem and i contacted support:
Regarding your inquiry, we have uploaded the incorrect version of Polychrome RGB for B450M Pro4 R2.0.

We have uploaded the correct version, which is Polychrome RGB v. 1.0.105.

Please remove Polychrome RGB v. 2.0.168 and install Polychrome RGB v. 1.0.105.

Polychrome RGB v. 1.0.105: https://download.asrock.com/Utility/RGB/PolychromeRGB(v1.0.105).zip

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience caused.
MO3BIUM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MO3BIUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2024 at 2:39pm
II literally have the same issue. I have Z390 phantom 4 and rgb refuses to work and be recognized that there is even any rgb onboard. I installed both of the polychromes in the driver page and neither works. I also tried several for other motherboard's and got the same results. My argb ram sits on rainbow that cannot be changed. my argb fans all just show red and blink over and over. its quite maddening so I unplugged them from the motherboard because id rather have nothing than garbage that drives me crazy. my MSI tower works flawlessly, so what's the reason, what am I missing here?

I have tried

and the two listed as "for my motherboard"

an explanation and a link to a working piece of software would be nice. I was surprised that this motherboard only has 4 drivers(Isay that loosely) to install. I've never seen a motherboard with literally nothing to install after a win 10 installation. the drivers are literally non-existent. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing? the one thing that pisses me off? the apps on the download page do not work anymore - if they ever did? like they aren't serviced and are now defunct. the app store is blank and the update app is blank. so both apps offer literally nothing. and the rgb drivers don't work. I'm fairly angry and disappointed with the lack of well everything. having to hunt like a lunatic for an answer for such a trivial thing is well ridiculous. I really would appreciate being directed to a working rgb app. if there isnt one Ill dump tis mobo and find something else if that's the case. anyways, let me know what I am missing please.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2024 at 3:24pm
Have you tried the windows 10 drivers listed on your board's product page?
The Polychrome software listed under win10 is 1.0.64, it could require that version
to work as win11 had not been released yet when your board was released.

This whole RGB thing is such a nightmare. I for one can't wait until we start seeing
some properly decent 3rd party RGB control apps that work with everything not
just one particular brand.

Good luck.
MO3BIUM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MO3BIUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 6:04am
yeah, Im running win 10 and ran the two polychromes, neither works. those are the only actual things to install on the motherboard page as the other stuff doesn't even work... oh wait.... none of this trash works. hahahaha!
I tried running2.0.109 and it actually deactivated my rainbow rgb ram then said... mo asrock graphics card or rgb header found. such bullsh*t. I just tried uninstalling the porgram and the ram is still unlit, so I did a system rollback restore and still no rgb. asrock effing sucks! what a pile of sh*t. if this company cant get their crap in order they deserve to fail. I will never buy their garbage again. total waste of my time and money!
MO3BIUM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MO3BIUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 6:08am
oh yeah, whered you get that 1.0.64 quote from that is not one of the two listed on the driver page.
the ones listed are .1.0.99 and 1.0.105
you got a link for that version. I dont see it and find nothing on an internet search for that.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 6:15am
There is a dropdown menu to select your OS, I just selected "Windows 10 64bit".

Here is a direct link to it anyway though
https://download.asrock.com/Utility/RGB/PolychromeRGB(v1.0.64).zip
MO3BIUM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MO3BIUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 8:06am
weird, i pull up z370 phantom 4 drivers and get a total of 7 drivers well 2 polychrome 2 motherboard helper deals an rj45 driver and the sound app. thats it.
anyways thank you. fingers crossed it works. I find it retarded that each motherboard has its ow version of the driver
MO3BIUM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MO3BIUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 9:13am
nope, nice dice my friend. it says this utility is not for this platform. I tried running it in admin mod and even ran the bat file inside the install folder to wipe and rewrite any hardware settings and flash new but nope. that's fine I will buy another msi board. I thought I could save a few bucks and bought this but now I will lose the money on it and pay more for a new board. I can still sell this for a few dollars though. so semi-silver lining? ffs. man asrocks sucks massive c@ck!
MO3BIUM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MO3BIUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2024 at 9:15am
slaps face... no dice. anyways cheers mate. ill deal with this nightmare board until I replace it. you live you learn right? Im never buying ASRock again. not worth the grief.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic