ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Killer MB - Infamous Red Blinking Light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoss62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Killer MB - Infamous Red Blinking Light
    Posted: 17 Jul 2024 at 11:17pm
Hello All,
Apologies as I have found many posts with issues relating to the infamous red blinking light, how to diagnose potential hardware issues and pursue their resolution.

I decided to create my own post as I was unable to find relevant information that related to my situation.

My Situation: I first noted the red light blinking yesterday while I was working on the PC (desktop, Windows 10 x64 Home). The PC was working fine. I assumed the blinking indicated a potential issue, but since the PC and Windows was functioning fine, I ignored it.

Today the PC would NOT boot into Windows. CPU and GPU temps are within normal ranges.

As I have a very large GPU that takes up 2.5 PCI slots, I cannot determine which of the 4 areas the light is blinking on, BOOT, VGA, DRAM, or CPU.

I'm reluctant, at this point to remove the graphics card as it most likely may affect the blinking red light's function and make troubleshooting even harder.

Windows 10 does not load, which in itself may provide a clue as to what area I should be checking first.

So with this information, I humbly ask the community and knowledge experts for the best first steps I can take in order to determine the most likely area of hardware failure and resolve.

I'm assuming it is some sort of hardware failure from everything I've read.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic