ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RGB Controller not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puskarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RGB Controller not working
    Posted: 24 Jul 2024 at 10:53pm
I have an ASRock B650M-C motherboard with the latest bios 3.01 and I cannot get ASRRGBLED to detect the peripheral LED Controller.   I have ran WriteFW.bat as administrator from various versions and each time I run WriteFW it just hangs forever. I have even restored the system and uninstalled all other software.
There is an unexplained Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
in the device manager. I cannot find what this is related to as well.
Please provide some assistance.
puskarj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puskarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2024 at 10:50pm
I would also add, the controller worked fine up until a point that the ASRRGBLED software was updating the firmware "DO NOT TURN OFF" and it hung there forever until the Computer hibernated.   When the computer was brought out of hibernation, the firmware update was hung up and needed to be cancelled. It continued to Hang here on every launch of ASRRGBLED PolyChrome Synch and then eventually the program could not detect the controller at all.   The firmware is bricked or the controller is dead.
alibri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alibri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2024 at 4:56pm
same problem with b550 taichi, 3.40 bios, win11, v2.0.171-178 asrrgbled software not working seems to be a windows issue.
puskarj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puskarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2024 at 8:55pm
I don't believe in my case it is a windows issue. It worked out of the box, but then stopped at one point when ASRRGBLED hung updating firmware. I used system reset to totally undo any windows updates and it still does not work.
The controller on the MB is its own PLC and has its own firmware and bootstrap code and they can get bricked. Or something electrical could have killed its UART.
puskarj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puskarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2024 at 9:36am
Follow up: I scheduled a service call with my vendor since my rig was under warranty and during the initial appointment setupn the tech mentioned clearing the CMOS and I did and it resolved my issue!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic