ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 EXTREME4 no bios video via displayport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wkexe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z390 EXTREME4 no bios video via displayport
    Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:35pm
Z390 Extreme 4
Bios 3.40
Gigabyte 2070 super

I have a problem with video display in post and bios. If i connect my monitor to the discrete graphics card via displayport cable i don't see the post screen or bios screen if i press F2 during post. I know pc is posting because if i wait 20 sec windows shows up, and if i press f11 i can "blind" select partion to boot from. I have a second older monitor that i connect via dp to DVI converter and to the monitor and it always shows post and bios screen. Sometimes when i change where i plug my main monitor (graphics card has 3 dp ports)- post screen and bios screen works to first rebot or power off. I might add that this occurus for one or two months, and before that this issue didn't occured. Im not sure if it started after 4.20 to 4.30 update.

Aby solutions? Nie when i want to enter bios i have to unplug my new monitor and leave my ile monitor plugged to see post screen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic