ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - M.2 WiFi card w/ X570 PHANTOM GAMING 4 w/ AMD CPU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

M.2 WiFi card w/ X570 PHANTOM GAMING 4 w/ AMD CPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyNardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M.2 WiFi card w/ X570 PHANTOM GAMING 4 w/ AMD CPU
    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 3:22am
Hi. I was wondering if someone can help me with my build. I am trying to determine if the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard and a AMD CPU (AMD Ryzen 9 3900 3.1GHz to be specific) can support an Intel AX210 WiFi 6E m.2 WiFi card.

Also, the box to the ASROCK motherboard states it is compatible be with 802.11ac wifi cards. What about 802.11ax?
802.11ac operates in the 5Ghz range only, while 802.11ax operates in both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz ranges, thus creating more available channels. I wonder if they just decided not to list that it can handle both.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:40am
Dear AndyNardo,
Thank you for the posting.

Just took our X570 Phantom Gaming4 and AX210 to test.
After installing the driver, the system can connect to the internet via WiFi properly.

Hope this information helps :)

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
AndyNardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyNardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 11:24am
ASRock,

Thanks for the quick reply. This information does help a lot. I can't wait to get my new PC. Too bad Covid has everything back logged and it's going to take at least 7 weeks until build starts. Have a great 2021, and once again, thank you.

Andy
AndyNardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyNardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 1:07am
One last question. Sorry. But, you didn't mention when you did that test what brand of CPU you were using. That's really where the big debate comes in. Obviously the intel wifi card will work with an intel CPU. The important question, to me, is whether the wifi card will work with the AMD CPU. I know that is not your company, but curious to know what your setup was (just for personal knowledge). Obviously the best person to ask is the people who make the wifi card, but alas, they aren't talking.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic