ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PLEASE HELP Having issues when XMP is enabled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samuel94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLEASE HELP Having issues when XMP is enabled
    Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 1:34am
I recently bought some new RAM and want to utilize it to the fullest by enabling XMP.
Below are my PC components.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Steel Legend Bios version 4.6 (Most up to date bios that isn't in Beta)
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4070 12GB
RAM: 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz 18cl installed on slot 2 and 4 as the manual for my motherboard advises

When RAM speed in the Bios is set to auto, it is at 2133MHz. This is way too slow, and is causing my system to bottleneck on some games. I'd like to be able to use my RAM at it's rated speed of 3600MHz, however, whenever I try to increase the speed by enabling XMP, my games are unplayable.

When XMP is enabled, my PC starts up normally, and is able to boot up windows and other applications like Discord just fine. However, as soon as I start up a game, it either crashes my PC or if the game does start, it stutters and freezes so badly that it is literally unplayable.

When I go into Bios and revert back to auto and 2133MHz, I can start up any game and play just fine.

I have tried an older Bios version to see if maybe this one is just unstable, version 3.7 did not work either.

I have also tried different RAM speeds, 3000, 3066, 3200MHz all have the same effect of not being able to properly run games.

Stock voltage is 1.35V. I also added and subtracted .05V to the voltage and nothing improves.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if there is something else that I can try.

I have read forums on other sites with people that have this exact motherboard where people say all they had to do was update to the latest bios version and everything was fixed. I am not having the same luck.

ArashAhmadiii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArashAhmadiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 12:08am
hi I have exactly the same problem, my RAM is 4000 Hz, and when I activate XMP to use the full speed of the RAM, the game closes after 5 minutes.
My motherboard version is ASRock B550 Taichi and I use Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 4000MHz RAM and the BIOS version of my motherboard is B550 Taichi(3.40) ROM, but I have the same problem in games such as Warzone 3. Please ASRock technical team has a solution for this. Present our problem??
Thanks.
ArashAhmadiii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArashAhmadiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2024 at 7:18am
My system configuration is exactly the same information. When I activate XMP the game, Warzone 3 crashes and the system completely shuts down. Please support and provide us with a solution.
cx5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cx5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2024 at 3:37pm
x370taichi@3.50gen4
AX750 Optane900P SN770
3800x PosdonZro4 BarrowPWM-17w>420x140x28
XFX SWFT319 6900XT
MSI RX560 LP to get Fluid Motion BlueskyFRC 75hz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic