ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock 550m-c dram cpu lights no display

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JodyyHiiiRolla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock 550m-c dram cpu lights no display
    Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 3:55am
I?™ll start with system specs. Asrock 550m-c, 4070 GPU, Ryzen 5 5700, 64 gb ram 3600 mhz.

Some context to my problem. Ive had this build for 2 years, no issues. Last week i shut my system down as i normally do, however when i went to then it back on it wouldn't boot. No power anywhere. The only way i was able to get it to turn on finally was but unplugging the CMOS battery and only then was i able to get it to turn back on. Only thing is when it turns on i get the dram and cpu lights staying lit and i get no display.

I know my ram speed is technically only compatible via overclocking but i had installed the ram over a year ago and had no issues. If anyone can point me in the direction to figure this out i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance
johnukguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnukguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2024 at 7:06am
Reset the CMOS. Try rebooting into the BIOS with only one stick of RAM at a time and see if it will get into the BIOS so that you can set the options properly. Default settings by the way will not usually work as things like Secure Boot and CSM are not set properly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic