ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X570s PG Riptide location of MB temperature sensor
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570s PG Riptide location of MB temperature sensor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570s PG Riptide location of MB temperature sensor
    Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 1:03am
Salutations,
I have an ASrock X570s Phantom Gaming Riptide mainboard.
Where on the mainboard is the temperature sensor that provides the signal for the "M/B Temperature" value which is shown in the UEFI located?

I have tried to find hints in the handbook/manual but couldn't find anything. Other schematics i could find on the web were of no use either.
I have also tried finding the sensor via the printed-on labels directly on the board.
Is the sensor located under one of the heatsinks?
Any help and knowledge would be much appreciated.

vel
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 12:39am
it should be labeled TRMBx (x is sensor number)
i dont have closeup image with your mainboard without heatsinks..so cant says where it is, but can show you where is CPU sensor located on your mobo and how "big" it is and how its labeled...mainboard sensor would be ofc somewhere else, but labeling should be same, just different sensor number
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 12:50am
here is near battery TRMB2 sensor, maybe thats the one?
vel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 3:30am
Thank you very much!
Thanks to you I now found both locations.
This helps tremendously. The TRMB2 sensor seems to be in the perfect location. The plan is now to check by altering the temperature at the specific spot. Unfortunately my grafics card is massively obstructing accessing to that location with a running system. Running without grafics card is not possible either due to the CPU not having an integrated one to fall back on. But i guess from here i can figure it out somehow. I will probably have to borrow a CPU with iGPU from a friend.
Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic