ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi X370 Code Od Help Needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamp2277 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taichi X370 Code Od Help Needed
    Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:19am
Good Afternoon Everyone!

I had an issue with my Motherboard / CPU and got both under warranty from a defect. The system was working flawlessly for 3-4 months before issue. The motherboard would not post at all so I did a warranty and no codes would come up. Got the new board and still same thing happened. I looked online and seen that could be the CPU. Got the new CPU and finally got the unit to boot. Had issues with it going into blue screen acouple times and windows would not load for some reason. Added a new SSD and replaced my PSU then finally windows would download and I could get into windows. Sorry for long back story but needed to tell you incase that was needed info.

I can now play games and boot into windows. The part that is getting me is that if windows does an update or I click restart, the unit will get stuck and give me code Od everytime. I have looked this up and could be a memory issue.

First question, My memory is the only thing I have not replaced under warranty. Do you think this is causing it?

Second, if you do think it is an issue is there a way I can test it?

Third, I feel like the system is just not as silky smooth and fast as it used to be, are there tests and other things I can do to make sure CPU, Motherboard, Ram, and SSD is working together? Why I ask is because the RAM and SSD I have do not look like they are compadiable with the motherboard and CPU after doing some research on this dang issue.

Fourth, Nothing is overclocked and all updates seem to be up to date.

Fifth, you guys are awesome and thank you so much for your time and answers!!

System:
Taichi X370
R7 1700x
ram is in 2 & 4 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Memory Kit Model CMD16GX4M2B3200C16
Samsung 860 SSD 250 / 125 HD
PSU EVGA - 850W Modular BQ Power Supply - Black
Geforce 1070 FE

Edited by Vamp2277 - 21 Sep 2018 at 10:14pm
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 6:58pm
I seriously had HUGE issues reading this post, let alone comprehending it.

https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=334 says 0d is Problem related to memory, VGA card or other devices. Please clear CMOS, re-install the memory and VGA card, and remove other USB, PCI devices.

I'll start with 0d, since this is the only thing I understood. Confused Flash to latest BIOS. I suggest L4.81 (beta). Read carefully how to do this. If you're on 3.x or below version you need to get to 3.30 first.

Once you're on the latest BIOS version, do a proper CMOS reset and leave just 1 bank of RAM, 1 GPU, 1 HDD. No other peripherals whatsoever. It's good to check cabling too, especially the SATA ones. Re-seat and check ALL cables and cards. Try leaving your mobo outside the case.

Then install a fresh copy of Win from scratch. Update ALL drivers from every individual manufacturer. Run the typical games and benchmarks and do some reboots & shutdowns. See if this debug code is still present.

Also, run this tool http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon and observe which driver or subsytem is giving you high DPC spikes.

Vamp2277 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamp2277 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 12:01am
Sorry for any confusion :( I just wanted to give a back story what happened originally incase it gives clues to what I may want to look for.

Basically, I had an issue with the computer not turning on and just the lights on the motherboard would strobe. I got the motherboard and CPU returned for an RMA on both. Got everything back but when I started to download windows 10, when it says must restart to complete, it would never turn fully off and restart it would just give me that code. Also it was very hard to download windows 10 as it was which was weird.

I am thinking it was a surge in power or something so I wanted to give info on what has been changed and not changed.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic