ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 code D6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralAnimE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 code D6
    Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 2:25pm
Hello. I tried to update my bios from 1.00 to 2.30. It updated fine and then.. just black screen. After tons of resetting and changing cables, ram and other things I managed to run it again and indeed the bios is updated and the system runs, but only on integrated graphics. If I set it to pci-e it gives code d6 and/or stays on a black screen. I downgraded the bios to 2.10, but it's the same.

When I'm in Windows with the integrated, EVGA precision can see the cards, gpu-z, cpu-z, device manager can see them too. If I connect the first card with another cable cable (DVI), Nvidia control panel recognizes them too and creates a second virtual screen. So the cards are working but something is wrong. I managed to set Windows to use that second virtual screen as my primary, but it's not the best solution. This means I have to boot with integrated in VGA and then when Windows loads to swtich to DVI...

I downloaded 1.00, 1.10, 1.20, but the bios doesn't find them on the flash drive. Is there any way to downgrade to 1.00 or just fix this mess (without dismantling my system, it's water cooled)? Thanks.

cpu: i5 2500k
motherboard: Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
cards: 2x GTX 670

Edited by AdmiralAnimE - 06 Jul 2016 at 2:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic