ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I downgrade IME

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x7007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I downgrade IME
    Posted: 07 Aug 2024 at 7:23pm
I have Asrock Z690 Extreme WIFI 6E and since some update long ago I started having crackling, popping, I tested 8 soundcards, I know for sure it's not PSU, MEMORY, or CPU because I replaced PSU and tested another memory sticks none of them shows a symptoms of BSOD,Crashing,freezing or other weird hardware issues, games works perfectly fine.

Another test I did is using SXFI Titanium sound card on old i5-4750 gigabyte motherboard and there was not a single crackling or stuttering, on the asrock it would crackle none stop even when it won't for 1-2 sec then it would start again. I tried Optical/3.5 directly, but on ASrock it just won't work.

Also some weird issues with DPC and NDIS.sys that I never had before it would just hammer the DPC reaching over 4930.4 and always spike. a friend with gigabyte z790 and 13700K has no issues with the same network card and internet speed.

If it's unfixable I'll just buy MSI and AMD and never hear about Asrock ever again, they don't even give me support RMA or replacement or anything. worse warranty for the weirdest annoying issue. I can't enjoy music or sound anymore, also it's not just crackling and popping and sound quality degradation, like the sound would sound worse and worse randomly. I can't even explain this because I never encounter this ever in my life and it happened after some firmware update of the motherboard. nothing else was changed since.
x7007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x7007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2024 at 7:25pm
I also tested USB headphones and it happens there too! and yes I tested FRESH Windows 10 TO GO and 11 TO GO from external Sandisk Extreme SSD same issue exactly
x7007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x7007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2024 at 7:26pm
Downgrading the bios is not enough, I updated to 18.05x and I tried almost all firmware til 14 and 13. that's including 15,16,17
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2024 at 11:02pm
If you have not already, open a ticket with ASRock's Tech Support:
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

I have seen similar issues popping up for quite some time now, they don't appear
to be ASRock specific (though it does seem slightly more common). In some cases
an RMA was needed while in others different solutions worked. Skimming various reports
I can't seem to find a common thread. Hopefully ASRock Tech Support will be able
to help you out. Post back here with your response when you get one.

Good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic