ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmeet b660 BIOS update with 14-gen CPU£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdurnov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmeet b660 BIOS update with 14-gen CPU£
    Posted: 17 Aug 2024 at 6:44am
Hi!

I?™ve bought Deskmeet 600 and Core i5-14500 CPU, hoping that I?™ll get it with the recent BIOS. But it came manufactured in 2022, with a sticker which brags about 13 gen CPU support.

I wonder if I can still get my bios updated without asking someone for an older cpu?
Dgme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2024 at 1:57am
Originally posted by sdurnov sdurnov wrote:

Hi!

I?�ve bought Deskmeet 600 and Core i5-14500 CPU, hoping that I?�ll get it with the recent BIOS. But it came manufactured in 2022, with a sticker which brags about 13 gen CPU support.

I wonder if I can still get my bios updated without asking someone for an older cpu?

If your Deskmeet 600 motherboard was manufactured in 2022 and includes a sticker indicating 13th Gen CPU support, it might already have a compatible BIOS version for your Intel Core i5-14500. To verify, enter the BIOS/UEFI setup to check the current BIOS version and compare it with the required version listed on the manufacturer's website. If an update is needed and your motherboard supports BIOS flashback, you can update the BIOS without needing an older CPU. Otherwise, you may need to temporarily use an older CPU to perform the update.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic