ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock B660M-DHV - No POST options show up after a
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B660M-DHV - No POST options show up after a

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B660M-DHV - No POST options show up after a
    Posted: 18 Aug 2024 at 4:51pm
I updated yesterday Win 11 with:
2024-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 (KB5042099)
2024-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5041585)

At the same day I found out there was a new BIOS (18.05) for my model??(that has 18.04 beta).
I set up the new BIOS on a FAT32 USB and rebooted the system to go into Instant Flash.

Except now the POST options never showed up. Pressing F2 during boot had zero effect. Before yesterday, the POST options used to come up giving me time to press F2.

The only other thing different, is that there's now a delay during boot where there is no signal to the external monitor (connected to HDMI but I tried DP also as well as connected both of them to the computer). It eventually gets to Windows logon and everything works fine.

A computer restart would get into the same loop but as its stands, I can't get into BIOS for whatever reason.
Using Restart into UEFI 1.0.15 behaves exactly the same. No signal, etc.

Could the Windows updates cause this disappearing act?
Any idea how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
terryk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2024 at 5:46pm
Problem resolved at last even though I'm not sure how.

-- Uninstalling the two Windows updates mentioned above, made no difference.
-- I took the computer to the shop to reset the BIOS and whatever else. They looked at it and without any work, the computer behaved as it should.
-- So the only difference with my setup was the monitor and cable.
-- Back home, I connected the monitor's HDMI to my laptop's HDMI and it worked!! The main computer still didn't.
-- I called the store back for a video session to short a couple of pins on the board.
-- No difference, just 'no signal' and now it wouldn't even get into Windows.
-- In the process, the technician saw something and had me change it.
The computer has a double set of HDMI connectors. I was using one set all this time without any problems. He asked me to use the second HDMI set that's for non-integrated graphics (I have an NVidia RTX 4060). I did and the BIOS options came up nicely.

Why it worked all this time with the previous setup, I've no idea. I'm certainly glad the technician saw this discrepancy and had me change it.

Thank you all for your time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic