ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reset not working after bios update 2.5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reset not working after bios update 2.5
    Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:06pm
I have motherboard a320m pro4.

Originally I didn't want to update bios but I suddenly have gotten very often black screens and need to reset PC. 
After checking and trying many things I finally decided to update bios and as for now I have yet to get the black screen but I didn't have much time for hard testing.

Problem is that after updating bios to the latest version 2.5 (agesa 1.0.0.6) I have a problem with reset no matter what I need to shut down computer manually if want to reset from bios and windows. It is especially anoying when changing settings in bios because instead of resetting it goes into a weird mode where is computer only under power and nothing works if I manually shut down computer and power up it works normally and also changes in bios were accepted.

Ram: Team T-force dark red 3000 I set up at 2666, more it doesn't want to go and voltage I changed to auto, CL are default from XMP profile.

Graphics card: Asus dual rx 580 o4g

CPU: ryzen 5 1500x

Edited by darkgo - 20 Jun 2017 at 11:10pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:46pm
NEVER EVER flash a BIOS unless the system is rock solid stable.

Most likely you're either too high, or possibly too low(but I doubt that) in regards to voltages.

Or your mem speed and or timing if you dinked with them, are whacked.
darkgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:00am
I update bios because I didn't know what else what to do. 

About ram, I tried every frequency from 2133 to 29xx without changing CL. I also tried profile on auto but it was taking very long time to boot or multiple attempts same as when I was trying above 2666.

I have voltage on auto (ram) because the original voltage is 1.35 for frequency 3000 
and in bios is that voltage marked with red.

Other voltages are on default (auto)

I also found out is enough to press the reset button and it starts working when it doesn't want to reset from bios and windows.

Edited by darkgo - 21 Jun 2017 at 12:23am
darkgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:51am
After some time I thought it may be some problem with PSU so when a computer was shutdown I also turn a switch on PSU to off and pressed the power button on a computer to completely discharge computer, after that somehow reset started working normally, when I exit the bios and reset from Windows computer properly restart.

With regard with black screens I had (have), what kind of test would be best to check if I still have, it seem testing with benchmark and games is not okay since originally I only had a few black screens so I though it was problems with drivers or games. Only in Monday when in 10-30 minutes they starting to appear I notice something wasn't right.

I had black screens only in games or benchmark when the computer was under a lot of stress there was no problem with the usual use of the computer.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 6:53am
Originally posted by darkgo darkgo wrote:

I update bios because I didn't know what else what to do.

You do understand why that is NOT a good idea, right? You're lucky it didn't brick the board.

Originally posted by darkgo darkgo wrote:

About ram, I tried every frequency from 2133 to 29xx without changing CL. I also tried profile on auto but it was taking very long time to boot or multiple attempts same as when I was trying above 2666.

IMO, not being standing next to your system, those are an indication that Ryzen doesn't care for your memory, or you indeed do need to change CL and or voltages.

Team doesn't have a support site I can check for compatibility. I suggest you email them with your system specs and inquire if it is.

Edited by wardog - 21 Jun 2017 at 6:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic