ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble shoot Taichi x370 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b0bs4g3t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble shoot Taichi x370 problem
    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 12:55pm
Hi all, hoping to get some help. I've had my system (Specs: CPU: Ryzen 1700 Mobo: Taichi x370 RAM: GSkill FlareX 3200 GPU: Vega 56 PSU: Corsair CX 650W) for about 2.5 years now. Everything has been fine. Two nights ago, I wasn't able to turn on my PC. The lights flash, fans start, but then they immediately turn off.

Today I took everything off, stripped it down, reseated the CPU, and then built it back up one piece at a time. Each component I added, I jump started to check that it would run -- it did. After finishing it and getting back into the case, it still ran fine. At some point, the same issue happened again, however I removed the Power Button pins, and jumped it again and it worked fine. I was able to use my comp for a couple hours.

I came back to it tonight, pressing my keyboard to start it up, and it did the same thing -- just flashing lights and fans and then went out. I went to jump start it again, but now that's not working to get it to start.

(I added that keyboard tidbit, because I tested my PC after using it, by having it sleep, and then starting it from the power button -- that worked. When I used the keyboard though, it didn't work.)

Is this a MOBO problem, or something else? I'm confused by how I was able to get it up and running and use it for a couple hours, and now it's back to where it was before.

Any advice would be great!
b0bs4g3t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b0bs4g3t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 1:21pm
I'll add, I just reseated the CPU again, it now it starts back up. I have no idea why reseating the CPU would do this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic