ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Realtek issues on Fatal1ty Z370 Professional

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xstrike9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Realtek issues on Fatal1ty Z370 Professional
    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 5:28pm
Hey guys, I'm using Windows 10 64-bit Version 1803. The board is ASROCK Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7.

After a recent windows update, I am having significant issues with my audio drivers. I still have sound in audio and video files, however, I no longer hear usual windows sounds like plugging in or removing a device, getting notifications or when increasing or decreasing volume using the volume button in the taskbar.

The sounds don't play in the Windows sound options either when I test them:

Some audio in games is not played either, like menu sounds in DOOM and Dishonored 2.

I uninstalled the drivers and all audio returned to normal with the default windows drivers.

I tried to reinstall the latest drivers available on the ASROCK site: Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8454

I also tried to get the latest drivers available from the first page of this forum. https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html

Have also tried 8519 and 8522, both full and UAD...

If I use the windows default drivers, everything works fine. Changing bitrate doesn't work for me either And as soon as I install any of the actual drivers, everything breaks.

I have also tried doing a complete uninstall of the drivers and removing any trace of them using Revo Uninstaller Pro and Driver Fusion to no avail.

Really need some help on this! Any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by xstrike9999 - 02 Sep 2018 at 5:35pm
Animalm4st3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animalm4st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 3:45am
Looks like the Windows update bricked something, but the only way to know for sure would be to roll back the update and see if your drivers work then
xstrike9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xstrike9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 5:31am
not an option. I cleared the old update files before realizing the presence of this issue. :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic