ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock model: B650E Taichi Lite Popping audio as s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock model: B650E Taichi Lite Popping audio as s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote case310350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock model: B650E Taichi Lite Popping audio as s
    Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 12:19am
ASRock model: B650E Taichi Lite Popping audio as sound goes lower then comes back.

When playing audio (talking, music etc), sound is fine until there is a pause in the audio, then you get this loud pop. I think the system is turning off the audio when it detects no audio. then when sound in the media come back there is a pop. Is there a way to turn off this self muting system. As a test I ran a low level sound in the background, then listen to a podcast and there is no pop.

Such a nice motherboard but cannot recommend this MB do to this flaw.

any work around????
always leaning
MortonPNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortonPNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 9:51pm
Same issue, but on non-Lite B650e Taichi.
I saw on some forums that this may be due to Nahimic and its attempts to control audio devices. I haven?™t checked it myself since most of the time I use a USB headset
case310350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote case310350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2024 at 11:00pm
I have to play a tone of 5hz very low volume in the background and this prevents the click.
always leaning
Serndes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serndes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2024 at 4:33pm
Did your ever figure out a solution to this? I was researching this board before I decided to get it and ran across your post here and on toms hardware.
CM8118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CM8118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 8:48pm
I ran into the same issue on a B650E Taichi and managed to fix it, here's my post from a Reddit thread:

1 Update Windows 11, make sure you have the latest Chipset drivers and BIOS installed.
2 Hop into BIOS and enable the Automatic Driver Installer.
3 Hit F10 and exit, re-enter Windows. Usually, Auto Driver Installer will pop up now.
4 Simply let it install all the latest drivers (among them Thunderbolt), reboot, and it should be fixed.

From what I've been able to google, there is a conflict between Windows 11 drivers, Thunderbolt drivers, and Realtek audio drivers, which creates the popping/crackling.

Note: some people have reported success after simply uninstalling Thunderbolt drivers via the Device Manager (if you have them).

I hope this helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic