ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x470 Taichi - BIOS access problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roeeka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x470 Taichi - BIOS access problem
    Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 5:48pm
Hi,

I have recently upgraded my CPU to 5950X from 2700X, also got more memory (64GB).
PC works great, OS loads - there is one problem.

I cannot access BIOS using the DEL key (fastboot / secureboot disabled) - it tries to load it and hangs on some 60 code (around that 58-70)

However if I try to access bios from the windows OS (UEFI recovery restart) BIOS loads great.

I have BIOS 10.10 running. Does anyone else have 10.10 on their PC? I see that for this CPU 4.70 is the last validated one.

I wonder if that is the reason, I tried resetting the CMOS but nothing works.
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 7:10pm
I read something about pre-Matisse CPUs not being able to access full range of UEFI, so if you updated the BIOS using 2700X (Pinnacle Ridge), maybe the update didn't write the entire BIOS range.

If you can get into BIOS one way or another, I'd re-flash it to the same version (or even newer version if one came out), now with the 5950X running.

There's always a risk associated with BIOS flashing, just so you know. But that's what I'd try. No idea if it'd help or not.
roeeka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roeeka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 8:39pm
Interesting. I will consider this. I also contacted ASRock support to see if they have any suggestions.

I'll wait for a few more comments before I take the risk.

I just wonder if indeed it did not write the entire range as you are suggesting, I believe it would not boot at all? even not from the OS?
roeeka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roeeka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2024 at 2:52am
Issue is solved. Pretty sure the problem was with the voltage of the RAM. Enabling XMP fixed it for some reason.

Thanks a lot!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic