ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hardware Monitoring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sk1lld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hardware Monitoring
    Posted: 25 Aug 2024 at 6:34am
I'm having an issue with a tool named Hardware Monitor where it is reading some of the temperatures incorrectly.

TMPIN6 shows 119.0 C
TMPIN8 shows 114.0 C
AUXTIN0 shows 111.0 C
AUXTIN1 shows 114.0 C
AUXTIN2 shows 114.0 C
AUXTIN4 shows 113.0 C

I have no doubt these temps are incorrect I would see issues that I am not seeing. So, feel the tool is not reading the values correctly.

My question is there a tool that will read correctly my MB/CPU/Hardware temps.

ASRock Z790 Nova Wifi.
i9 14900K
Darkje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darkje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2024 at 8:17am
Try HWInfo64 from hwinfo.com. It's much more advanced imo and works like a charm on my board. And even if it doesn't, the dev will respond quick in the forum if you report a problem or bug.

An other thing is that there might always be some values that seem odd because that channel of the monitoring chip was not connected to anything on the board and just showing nonsense values, like temps below room temp or insane voltages, usually it's fine to just ignore or hide them in that case. In a rare case I had, one voltage showed as exactly half of what it should have been, so obviously there was some wrong multiplication factor in play. In HWInfo you can correct those things.
Sk1lld View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sk1lld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2024 at 10:23am
HWInfo64 worked a charm TUVM.
alicent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alicent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2024 at 3:32pm
I recommend using reliable tools like Core Temp, HWMonitor, SpeedFan, or HWiNFO64 to monitor temperatures.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic