ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gen 3 PCIe GPU on a B650E Tachi Lite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atiracer@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gen 3 PCIe GPU on a B650E Tachi Lite
    Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 4:59am
Hello, everyone.

I'm building my second B650E Tachi Lite but I am unable to post with a RTX 2080 Gen 3 PCie card GPU installed in PCIe 1. The system does post into the BIOS off the CPU graphics but not with the 2080. Is there a compatible issue with running a Gen 3 GPU in a Gen 5 slot? As far as I know, there shouldn't be unless there is a setting in BIOS that needs to be set.

Some configuration info.

-2080 works and just came out of another system. All contacts are undamaged.
-PCIe slot looks clean with no visible damage (The 2080 was fully seated).
-BIOS is still 3.02 (out of the box) and set to default settings.
-Installed M.2 is in the 2nd M.2 slot (Gen 4 drive).
-1st and 3rd M.2 slots are empty.
-I have not tried PCIe slot two yet.
-1000w PSU.
-7800x3D CPU.
-System tries to post but then restarts at either code 70 or F3 It doesn't stop at the code, just loops back to trying to start again.

I had no issues with the other system which is virtually the same as this one except it has a RTX 4080 in it. That system is connected to my sim racing rig and would be too much of a pain to pull the 4080 and try it. Hoping this is something simple and not a compatibility issue or even a bad PCIe slot. Was planning on using the 2080 for now and upgrading the GPU later when needed.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

atiracer@yahoo.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atiracer@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 10:36am
More info to ponder. I tried the 2080 with an HDMI cable and it will POST into the BIOS. Plug in a DP cable and issue returns. I tried four different DP cables and all three DP ports on the card and it's the same issue. I even unplugged the DP cable from the monitor but left it in the GPU port and the issue occurred. I also tried the 2080 in the 2nd PCIe slot and it's the same as the 1st slot, only works with HDMI.

I have never seen an issue like this before and at a loss.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic