ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ethernet in S5£ (Asrock B450 Steel Legend)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David112x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ethernet in S5£ (Asrock B450 Steel Legend)
    Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 11:29pm
Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to get Ethernet to work in S5, this way I can turn on my PC with WOL right after switching on the power supply, as far as I know, when the motherboard is in S5, it doesn't use the Ethernet adapter, which means that the PC can't be turned on using WOL, it has to boot up first, then be shut down by the OS, this way it goes into S4 and only then it'll use the Ethernet adapter.

So far I've tried everything, even using smokeless UMAF to see if there were any hidden BIOS options that could help, but there weren't any and to make matters worse, the one thing I thought could've helped (Boot from LAN, which is basically PXE boot), well it doesn't work, in the sense that it literally makes the BIOS crash on "Halting on critical error" during POST (BIOS P10.31), at least the error doesn't happen as soon as I get video output so it was possible to disable it and get it back to working properly, but still no ethernet in S5.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic