ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RTC Waker not working AT ALL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miesepeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RTC Waker not working AT ALL
    Posted: 2 hours 10 minutes ago at 11:19pm
Hello,
I have bougt an ASRock B550Itx/ac (second newest version 3.44L) and everything is working great except the RTC Waker for some reason. By a cronjob on my Debian/Proxmox computer, the PC automatically goes into suspend mode (sleep S3) at a certain time. Now I want RTC Waker to wake up the PC some hours late, but it simply doesn't turn on again. I've tested Wake-On-Lan and it works fine, but the RTC Waker does not want to work when set up "By OS" and neither from simple UEFI settings (RTC Waker ENABLED) given a certain time. Therefore, I have been tinkering/determining some UEFI settings and still it does not work with:

--> Advanced > Onboard Devices Configuration > Restore on AC/Power loss SET TO: "Power On"

--> Security > Secure Boot > Secure Boot SET TO: "Disabled"

--> Boot > Fast Boot SET TO: "Disabled"

The only way I could someway get the RTC waker working is when I set the alarm manually by the OS (and that didn't need the RTC Wakeup "By OS" setting from the UEFI, which lets me think that this setting standalone is just obsolete and not working at all...): I found this article (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup) and under "Manually test wakealarm" the following script WHEN APPLIED MANUALLY does actually wake up the PC, but when I want to run that script AUTOMATICALLY at a certain time it fails again to wake up. So something is completely off with my RTC waker and I have no idea what to make of it.

Please help!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic