ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why does "ASRock" show during Windows 10 startup?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why does "ASRock" show during Windows 10 startup?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highstream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why does "ASRock" show during Windows 10 startup?
    Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 4:14am
A few days ago, I updated the BIOS on my Z97 Extreme6 board from 2.50 to 2.70. System drive is an GPT-set (UEFI) SSD. Since then, "ASRock" is not only showing during the initial firmware/mobo boot, as it should, but also all the way through the Windows 10 boot. Why? Is that intended? Up to that point, since early last year with Win 8.1 and then 10, this board started with the ASRock insignia and then switched over to the standard Windows insignia (four windows) as the OS loaded. The latter is how I think it should be, because it accurately represents what's running, let's the user know it, and helps with troubleshooting when necessary.  Thanks,

P.S. How does one switch this site or at least this text entry area from black background to white background? 

Edited by highstream - 20 Jan 2017 at 4:18am
Z97 Extreme6
i7-4790K, 16gb RAM
EVGA GTX 950 SC Gaming
jimgravina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgravina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 5:34am
When you updated your BIOS some of the settings may have triggered defaults.  There should be a setting in there where you can ENABLE or DISABLE "Full Screen Logo"  This is probably set to enabled and I think you can find it under the BOOT menu of BIOS.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 9:31am
Originally posted by highstream highstream wrote:

A few days ago, I updated the BIOS on my Z97 Extreme6 board from 2.50 to 2.70. System drive is an GPT-set (UEFI) SSD. Since then, "ASRock" is not only showing during the initial firmware/mobo boot, as it should, but also all the way through the Windows 10 boot. Why? Is that intended? Up to that point, since early last year with Win 8.1 and then 10, this board started with the ASRock insignia and then switched over to the standard Windows insignia (four windows) as the OS loaded. The latter is how I think it should be, because it accurately represents what's running, let's the user know it, and helps with troubleshooting when necessary.  Thanks,

P.S. How does one switch this site or at least this text entry area from black background to white background? 

Standard for ASRock UEFI/BIOS, the Full Screen Logo option in the Boot screen is Enabled by default, and will be set to that after an update.

What you are seeing now with the ASRock logo showing, while the Windows 10 spinning dots are shown on a restart, but usually not shown with a cold boot, is what I've seen for a while now with my ASRock boards, including yours, which I own. I've been using 2.70 since it was released, and I can't recall if there was a difference. All my newer ASRock boards are the same.

I'm always configured for UEFI booting, and did not even notice the Windows logo missing. I leave Full Screen Logo enabled personally.  I have the POST beep speaker enabled, so after the single beep of POST completing, when I see the spinning dots, I know Windows is booting.

Try disabling Full Screen Logo, which I should have done before writing this post. Confused

EDIT: Yes, setting Full Screen Logo to Disabled brings back the four pane Window, and no ASRock logo. You must have had that option disabled before the update to 2.70.

Edited by parsec - 20 Jan 2017 at 9:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic