ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B650M Pro RS Boot Options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sikwittid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B650M Pro RS Boot Options
    Posted: 21 hours 18 minutes ago at 8:51am
Hello all, I created this account to ask what I hope is a simple question as I cannot figure this problem out by myself. I had my 10+ year old PC die on me recently so I have been out of the PC building world for a while.

My previous PC was Asrock 990FX Killer Paired with a FX 8350 on Windows 10 Home on a HDD Seagate 1TB drive. This new UEFI is slightly different than the one from 10 years ago. I built my new PC using all new parts on the B650M Pro RS motherboard paired with an AMD 7700x a new install of Windows 10 Pro on a M.2 Samsung 980 1TB drive. The BIOs is currently 3.01.

I also have an external hard drive USB that has a version of Linux on it that I used to play old video games, as well as older programs. This drive worked when I initially plugged into my new PC to test the components before installing Windows 10 Pro. 3 days ago.

For the Previous PC I would go into the UEFI settings and change the Boot Option to the USB drive to boot into Linux. Then when I wanted to run windows I would just point the Boot Option to my HDD. Now with this new PC, I only have one boot option which is the OS M.2 Drive. I have watched every video, and looked all over forums, but nothing seems to work. This new UEFI seems to not work like previous UEFI's so I am at a loss.

I am hoping this is a simple issue that can be fixed, and I am just not understanding. Either the new UEFI settings are too complicated or maybe there is a cognitive dissonance happening here on my end. Any help is well appreciated. Thank you in advanced for at least reading this.
JMB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic