ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5 bips, cannot display anything

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 bips, cannot display anything
    Posted: 1 hour 44 minutes ago at 5:42am
Motherboard: ASRock B760M Pro RS/D4 WiFi Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-4800 CL20 Memory
Power supply: NZXT C750 (2023) 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
GPU: XFX Speedster QICK 319 Core Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card
Config: https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/RjMTsh

It's my first build, I connected everything. When I power it, every fan spins, every rgb works, everything is doing what it is supposed to be doing.

I press F2 to start booting the pc (and hear a little bip when i do, don't hear anything when I don't)

Before this, however, I always hear 5 beeps from the case speaker. The leds on the motherboard are switched off for the CPU and DRAM (meaning it's fine ?) however the leds for the VGA and BOOT stay red while I hear the bip.
Then my screen stays off and doesn't show anything (I tried with a different screen and the same problem occurred). I tried booting the PC with and without the GPU, I tried with my computer screen plugged in the motherboard and plugged in the GPU, always the same problem : 5 bips and no display (+ the two red leds).

I saw on a previous post that someone had the same problem a couple years ago but I don't understand where the problem could be for me. Do 5 bips indicate that the problem comes from the CPU ? if so why is the led of the cpu not turning red ? Am I missing something ?
Nothing is ever displayed on the screen.

What do 5 beeps mean?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic