ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Failure to boot after BIOS update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motorthud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Failure to boot after BIOS update
    Posted: 13 Jul 2024 at 11:08pm
I recently completed a build featuring the ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard and was able to get it to boot and access the boot menu. I followed the instructions to install the 3.40 BIOS update. On 100% update completion, the system said it would restart and I pressed Enter. The screen was black but the fans were running and the RGBs were lit for over half an hour. I tried to reset by disconnecting and reconnecting power. I tried to put a jumper around the CMOS reset pins for 3 seconds, but on each restart the system would never show the boot screen or any logos.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Western Digital Blue Mobile 2 TB 2.5" 5400 RPM Internal Hard Drive
Asus DUAL EVO OC GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Video Card
Silverstone SX500-G 500 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

Already submitted a ticket to ASRock support, please let me know if there is anything else I can do and to reassure me I didn't brick my motherboard with a BIOS update.
tractatus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractatus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 15 minutes ago at 2:00am
High five. Same issue.
I have RTX 3080. Was trying to fix RGB issues on the motherboard and decided to update the BIOS.

After update it said press enter to restart and after reboot it can't detect the video card or peripherals. Mouse and keyboard lights don't light up.

I did the CMOS reset and didn't help.

Under some conditions it will boot and do 5 beeps followed by a pause and 6th beep. Don't know what the pause + 6th beep is about but according to B550 manual 5 beeps means video card not detected.

Tried almost everything at this point. I even tool the pc apart and re seated everything outside the case. Still same.
tractatus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tractatus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 58 minutes ago at 2:17am
The good news is the RGB issue is fixed lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic