ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Enable/Disable Windows Boot Screen on 890FX Deluxe
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enable/Disable Windows Boot Screen on 890FX Deluxe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPisky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enable/Disable Windows Boot Screen on 890FX Deluxe
    Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 10:29am
Hello,

There is a way to disable/enable the Windows boot up screen, but I cannot find it documented in the 890FX Deluxe5 manual.  I tried toggling the "Full Screen Logo" and "AddOn ROM Display" settings in the UEFI, but cannot see any changes take effect. 

I'm having issues on bootup and would like to be able to see the entire boot process.  I remember changing some setting to make the Windows logon screen disappear, but can't remember how to revese that.  Thanks for you help!

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 11:03am
Originally posted by MrPisky MrPisky wrote:

Hello,

There is a way to disable/enable the Windows boot up screen, but I cannot find it documented in the 890FX Deluxe5 manual.  I tried toggling the "Full Screen Logo" and "AddOn ROM Display" settings in the UEFI, but cannot see any changes take effect. 

I'm having issues on bootup and would like to be able to see the entire boot process.  I remember changing some setting to make the Windows logon screen disappear, but can't remember how to revese that.  Thanks for you help!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand exactly what it is you are trying to see displayed.

When you say you want to see the entire boot process, do you mean the POST process functions?

Or do you want to see what is shown when you start Windows in Safe Mode, where is shows all the files being loaded, etc?

Or do you mean the Windows Advanced Boot Options display?

None of the above can be enabled in the UEFI/BIOS. There is also no option in the UEFI/BIOS to cause the Windows logon screen to not be displayed.

Otherwise, what exactly do you want to see?

Also, what version of Windows are you using?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 11:19am
Fast Boot will not show what you're asking for, as, well, it's Fast Boot.
MrPisky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPisky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 7:56pm
Thanks for the assistance,

I'm using Win7 Pro.  I was under the false impression that the Windows splash boot screen was being suppressed by a UEFI setting I had changed a few years back.  I am having issues of a very long boot up time and wanted to see the boot process including the POST functions.  Sorry for my "not so precise" terminology. 

I have now re-enabled the GUI boot function in the Windows Admin Tools.  I still have to solve my boot up issues, but thanks for helping me clarify that the UEFI does not control the Windows splash boot screen.   

Edited by MrPisky - 10 Dec 2016 at 7:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic