ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

960GM-VGS3 with FX-8350?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simtomi037 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 960GM-VGS3 with FX-8350?
    Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:31am
Hello all!

I was trying to request support from ASRock, but i couldn't provide a serial number for my MB, as i purchased my PC pre-built, and opening the case would break my warranty contract. So i decided to ask for help here. 

As i said, i purchased a pre-built PC, with the following configuration:

ASRock 960GM-VGS3 FX
AMD FX-8350
RADEON R9 280 (3GB)
KINGSTON SV300 120GB SSD
M-TECH 800W PSU (don't know any details)

Within a few days after the PC arrived, as i was playing, the PSU suddenly shut down, and had to be replaced. Since then the issues (crashing, restarting, blue screen) didn't seem to go away, only that I'm more careful now. 

I was suspecting the PSU again, as they used the exact same type as replacement, and was ready to have it changed to a more trustworthy brand, when someone noticed after seeing my configuration, that according to the ASRock website, the MB doesn't support the CPU that i have. 

When i asked their tech support via email, they told me, that even if it's not shown on the website, the MB fully supports my CPU, there's no possibility of any compatibility issues, and it cannot be the root of my crash problems. 

I need a second opinion on this, but as i said, i couldn't contact ASRock support directly, so if there's anyone here reading this forum that can confirm that what they told me is true, i would really appreciate it. 

Best regards! 
Nightbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 3:14am
Hi,

Quote someone noticed after seeing my configuration, that according to the ASRock website, the MB doesn't support the CPU that i have.

Indeed.

I quote Asrock :
Quote Support up to 95W Socket AM3+ processors

The AMD FX-8350 is a 125W Cpu.

If the last bios (1.40) was installed, you would get a warning message since the FX-8350 is unsupported.

Edited by Nightbird - 10 Sep 2016 at 3:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic