ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - strange problems with b450 steel legend and crucia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

strange problems with b450 steel legend and crucia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: strange problems with b450 steel legend and crucia
    Posted: 5 hours 24 minutes ago at 12:57am
Greetings to the entire forum and I will explain my problem and computer specifications.
asrock b450 steel legend motherboard
amd ryzen 3700x
xfx 570 gpu
blue ray rw pioneer
2 sata drives WD 1000gb
psu be quiet 700w.
And now I'm going to explain the problem to you.
the pc was working perfectly with a crucial p2 nvme drive as boot drive (250gb).
I purchased a new 500GB Crucial P3 Plus hard drive after checking the Crucial compatibility page.
result:bios does not recognize crucial p3 plus disk in m2_1 slot.
The disk is recognized by the BIOS if it is placed in the M2_2 slot, after activating the forced to detect M2_2 option in the BIOS.
It obviously only reaches a ridiculous speed for its specs.
sent to seller and replaced with a crucial p3 disk (I thought the problem was the disk generation of the crucial P3 plus).
the same thing happens.
I have tested the stable bios 4.60 and the latest beta bios available.
the result is the same, i have disabled csm, changed the battery, restored the bios to default values.. without results.
I have opened a support ticket with Asrock Europe and they have replied that they are in contact with the BIOS department waiting to obtain an mvne drive similar to mine this year.
I am waiting for a solution although I think the disk is incompatible for some reason.
Curiously, I bought an identical NVME drive in July for another of my Asrock B450 Pro4 motherboards, it works correctly on it, but when I install this new Crucial P3 it does not start and is not recognized in the BIOS.
That is why I wanted to ask some questions to the most experienced users on the subject.
If the disk was defective it would not work in any of the m2 slots, right?
If the motherboard slot was defective, it would not recognize any M2 disk, right?
Crucial's technical service is totally useless in its responses and does not offer a coherent explanation for what is happening.
Perhaps the rumor circulating on the internet that Crucial has changed the components of its MVME SSDs for lower quality ones that may cause these problems is true?
I would appreciate any comments, ideas or suggestions, because I also can't find an nmve ssd with a competitive price and that really ensures that it works on my motherboard.
thanks in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic