ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sata Hotplug doesn´t work...always

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andromed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sata Hotplug doesn´t work...always
    Posted: 3 hours 40 minutes ago at 10:13am
I wanted to have an HDD removable frame in my PC. But as it was done, the Sata-hotplug-function didn´t work reliable. After booting the system, it will work once, but after swap out the disk, it will not get mounted and viewed in windows explorer anymore.

I couldn´t find any hints to the origin of that bug, only, that it seems to work, if i initiate a search for new hardware (drives) in the device-manager, then the drive will mount and is shown in the device-manager and windows explorer.

It seems to have something to do with the energy saving-modes of the system (or plattform). The sata-controller seems to ignore (or not even report), that there is a new drive connected or the drive got reconnected after the bug appears.

And: that failure exists on two Mainboards - H510M-HVS and H610M-HDV.
I replaced the H510M-HVS because of the diagnose, that something on the mainboard was defect. But the failure appeared also on the H610M-HDV. And even after new System-Drive and a full new Windows installation.

Windows 10 Home (22H2)
H510M-HVS and H610M-HDV (Sata-settings on "external" or only "hotplug" on - both did not fix the problem)
usual HDD or SSD in Sata-HDD removable frame or directly connected to the Sata cable.

Sometimes, it seemed to be fixed, if i changed the settings for ASPM-Support. But that also did not fixed the problem. It seemed only to fix it like a reset of condition of the controller or System-state, and then, after some time (and maybe if power-save-states took place) the problem appears again.

Is there a solution for the problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic