ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z370 Extreme 4 hanging/freeze resume from sleep
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Extreme 4 hanging/freeze resume from sleep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techdiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:41pm
I've started to think the same.

It's a pain though as I use my PC as a plex server and have a script on my router that sends a WOL packet to the PC when any client connects.
techdiver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techdiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 10:40pm
It seems this issue is 100% caused by overclocking. Either overclocking the CPU or enabling XMP on RAM causes the resume from sleep issue.

I've the latest bios update installed and whilst this seems to fix the XMP bug detailed here - http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6860&title=z370-extreme4-xmp-bug it still cause the resume form sleep issue for me.

The tests I've run so far is:

1. Reset the UEFI to default and left it for a week. 100% stable and no resume from sleep issues.
  2. Enabled XMP and within a few hours the resume form sleep issue started again
  3. Reset bios again and enabled a stable CPU overclock of 4.8Ghz. Verified stable using prime95. This resulted in the resume from sleep issue also.

The strange thing is, that even disabling XMP or the overclock doesn't get rid of the resume from sleep issue, I have to always reset the UEFI to do this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic