ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

App Shop - Inaccurate Driver ver detection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmelvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: App Shop - Inaccurate Driver ver detection
    Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 2:37am
Every month, I run a driver update on all of my devices.  I've been using the App Shop just recently and realized that it seems to be making an incorrect detection on some of the devices.  I'm also not sure if this will get any traction but at least its being posted :)

The board I currently have is the Fata1ity z370 Professional Gaming i7 and I'm currently using Win10.  This board has an integrated Intel dual band wireless-AC 3168 adapter.  The app shop is showing that the current version of this is 20.60.0.4.  However, I just went through the updates at the Intel site and found that the current version is actually 19.51.15.3 so the detection is off on this one, I believe.   I don't think the detection is parsing by actual device so much as trying to get the package version to reflect in the device manager driver version.  I can see where it would be a problem, but looking at the latest driver info on Intel's download page, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28276/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=94854, you can see that the driver info states:
  • Driver version = 19.51.15.3 for Windows 10 for 3168, 3165, 7265 (Rev. D), and 17265 adapters.
Since bluetooth drivers seem to be included with the wireless, the version is also affected on this device.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic