ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatality X470 K4 no pircture on screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zebaarda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatality X470 K4 no pircture on screen
    Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 8:25pm
Hi, the situation is following:

I bought x470 K4 vs Ryzen 2700X
Put everything together, but i cant get any signal to the monitor! Cant get into the bios, nothing..

I tried these memories on A1 and B1 slots and one by one on A1 slot:
A. G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GVKB
B. HP (Samsung) pc4-2400t-uc0-11 (m378a5244cb0-crc)

Can you help me to understand whats the problem?

1. there are two 12v connectors, one 8pin and one 4pin!
I use only the 8pin! For what is this other 4pin 12v?
Should they both be used in order to get the board working or its enough to connect only the 4pin or 8pin like i have done it?

2. I also dont see any error codes, that would appear and stay for longer on the little onboard screen, that could indicate some problems, usually the numbers and letters just quickly run after each other and then this little LCD goes blank, no codes are shown! when i start the pc without any RAM, the board restarts after some 5/6seconds and the error code is 4b, so the board understand that there is no memory placed in the slots!

3. After changing memory, should i clear the CMOS? Whats the best way to do that?

I actually dont understand what to try.. My only 2guesses are - the memory is not supported or the 12v 8 and 4 pin connectors should be used both instead of only the 8pin like i did!

Best,
V.

basedmeezus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basedmeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:20pm
Post a picture of your motherboard and we'll try to help you. It'll make it easier to understand your problem
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 1:50am
What are your system specs?

CPU:
RAM:
GPU:
PSU:

Without this information it is impossible to help you further.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic