ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - H170M Pro4 simultaneous iGPU and discrete graphics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H170M Pro4 simultaneous iGPU and discrete graphics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H170M Pro4 simultaneous iGPU and discrete graphics
    Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 6:56am
Motherboard: H170M Pro4
CPU: i5-6600
PCIe graphics: RX 580

BIOS settings:
Primary graphics adapter = onboard
Share memory = 128mb (also tried auto)
IGPU multi monitor = enabled

Whatever settings I try, the RX580 discrete graphics seems to become the primary display. i.e. where uefi bios will appear, if activated, and any os/bootloader screen appears.
I am attempting vifo passthrough of the discrete graphics, and this works only IF I plug a monitor into the rx580 once at ubuntu desktop. Otherwise, ubuntu kernel attempts to use the discrete card (blacklisted) at boot and the console freezes. Not locked up, since I can shutdown via ssh.

So,how do I actually make the iGPU the primary graphics adapter when I also have a PCIe graphics card plugged in to a monitor?
Grateful for any help.
keeka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 2:54am
Putting it another way. What is the intended behaviour of this motherboard/uefi when you have a PCIe graphics card as well as onboard graphics enabled AND set primary graphics to 'Onboard'?
Shouldn't the UEFI appear on display connected to the intel graphics?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic