ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Taichi Bios 1.80 problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 10:08am
Originally posted by teegale teegale wrote:

My only complaints with this board are I'm getting static in my headphones and over my microphone. Apparently, it's a common issue. I'm thinking about returning it and getting something else.
I have had this issue with a lot of boards, not a single 1150 and 1220 realtek implementation was good to me, this is going back to ivy bridge, i had issues with z370 taichi but i took it out because i wanted to test another cooler and when i re assemble it, it was a lot better (almost no existent, barely could hear some static but only if i focus on it, was acceptable imo). But since my issues have been for a long time, already have Omega eClaro that i have moved from setup to setup, and always been great, but i would suggest to take it out and put it back in and see if something might be grounding incorrectly the board.

4.00 came out yesterday.
Don't understand 4.00 what?
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Abula Abula wrote:

My only complaints with this board are I'm getting static in my headphones and over my microphone. Apparently, it's a common issue. I'm thinking about returning it and getting something else.
I have had this issue with a lot of boards, not a single 1150 and 1220 realtek implementation was good to me, this is going back to ivy bridge, i had issues with z370 taichi but i took it out because i wanted to test another cooler and when i re assemble it, it was a lot better (almost no existent, barely could hear some static but only if i focus on it, was acceptable imo). But since my issues have been for a long time, already have Omega eClaro that i have moved from setup to setup, and always been great, but i would suggest to take it out and put it back in and see if something might be grounding incorrectly the board.

4.00 came out yesterday.
Don't understand 4.00 what?

Thanks for the advice. The static on the mic is so bad I have to RMA it.

4.00 BIOS. Apparently, they decided to push another update out 5 days later and skip an entire number.
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 10:21am

Something is wrong with 1.8 and 1.9 still. When ever i connect an NVME (1 or 3, havent tried 2), the booting takes at least 1 minute more, its even faster to boot into a sata ssd (as long as there are no nvme plugged).

I'm guessing "Adjust the NVME Hardware TPM Encryption" messed something up with the NVMEs.

This may sound stupid but open command prompt in Windows as admin. Type "bcdedit /set useplatformclock false" without the quotations. If that doesn't work try changing the value to true. That's what fixed my BIOS issue with my PC slowing to a crawl on my NVME.
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 10:30am

Something is wrong with 1.8 and 1.9 still. When ever i connect an NVME (1 or 3, havent tried 2), the booting takes at least 1 minute more, its even faster to boot into a sata ssd (as long as there are no nvme plugged).

I'm guessing "Adjust the NVME Hardware TPM Encryption" messed something up with the NVMEs.

Forgot to mention to install the latest BIOS 4.00 to see if it fixes it. If not proceed with what I mentioned above. Also don't forget to restart after applying that command in command prompt.
teegale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teegale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 4:29am

Very interesting thread, specially for me, since building with a Taichi Ultimate.

I just assemble and havent seen much issues with 1.8, but im not using a NVME yet, just assemble it outside to see if everything was working before going inside the case.

Wondering if others have updated to 1.9 to see if its running good wish NVMEs? and if MCE is available again?

MCE is available again in 2.00 and 4.00
basementjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basementjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 8:06am
I tried bios 2.0 today and the same performance issues perceived with storage.

I tried: Update bios from 1.60 to 2.0 via usb stick and F6 ezupdate process.

Result - Took forever to boot, clearly something wrong.

Came here, tried @teegale's suggestion of disabling the HPCT - tried it with BDCedit and also in the Bios->Advanced Settings->ACPI->HPCT. Seemed to help slighty, but still very slow to boot.

What is interesting is, once the system is fully booted, if I wait long enough, I can run Samsung's magician software and it benchmarks the drive at 3231read/3115 write. Whatever is going on it appears to resolve itself minutes after boot continues -

I also tried disabling some UEFI compatiblity setting in the bios - didn't help

Tried "loading defaults" that didn't help either.

I flashed 1.60 back on again and it seemed to take a long time to handoff from the bios to the sign in screen, but was immediately better after that.

Very frustrating - my Pc's run great for months and just today it started doing 3 beeps at times - I googled it and it seems to be a common occurance - advice was to update bios/drivers - drivers are done, but the bios is non-functional like this.

Has anyone else come across this recently and had any luck with it?

I'm half wondering if it's a true bios issue or an incompatibility with the state of windows on my Samsung NVME drive, but I don't have the time right now to format and start over.

I wish I knew what setting/thing to look at to resolve this!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic