ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Audio issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaheArmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audio issues
    Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 5:33pm
So basically I have a Asrock Z370 Professional gaming I7 and for about 8 months i had no Audio issues until one day i started hearing static noise. Basically what I hear is, If i move my mouse around i can hear static, or if I grab "Chrome Tab" and move my chrome tab around i can hear even more static. Weird thing is that If i plug my headphones to the front Audio jack of my case, it all goes away. Anyone having this issues?, or does anyone know what is causing the issue?

randomUser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randomUser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:01pm
I have an ASRock H310M-HDV and I have the same problem.
I donĀ“t know how to fix it.
VaheArmen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaheArmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 6:16am
I RMA'ed my motherboard, and they sent me a refurbished board that does the same thing. IDK if they send me another one with this problem, I am going to ask for a refund
Edropian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edropian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 5:59am
I had the same issue when I first installed my z370 professional i7 fatal1ty board and I have figured this out (for my case at least).

There must be something with how they ground the onboard soundcards which leads to non-periodic static noise.

Make sure that during your PSU installation you have not scratched the paint on both your case and/or the PSU as this is going to mess with how they ground the onboard sound cards and it will lead to static noise which is actually generated by your PSU.

Hope that helps as it was a huge pain for me to find this out the first time but thankfully HX1000i has a blinking led above its USB port and I figured out that the static I was getting was synchronizing with the Blinking of this led ;)

Get some tape and cover the scratches so the PSU and your Case won't make contact ;)
Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 / i7 8700K / HX1000i / H100i / F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
Artimid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artimid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 7:21am
This is actually caused by the driver, it's an issue that's been happening ever since the August update. Are you using the front sound port? If I recall, that was the main one having the issue (at least for me).

To fix it, I had to jump through a LOT of hoops to install an old, old, unsupported sound driver (because ASRock blames Realtek, who blames ASRock, etc).
Posts such as http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9998&KW=sound&PID=60982&title=never-buying-another-asrock-product#60982 and http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10896&KW=sound&PID=60718&title=z390-extreme4-audio-issues-crackling-popping#60718 and such, it's a wide ranging issue. You aren't alone if this is what you are having.
Artimid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artimid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 7:23am
Because I can't seem to edit, sorry to necro - but every once in a while I go on to see if anyone has found a better fix for this, as I really do want to be able to use the Realtek control panel again.
Edropian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edropian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 1:24pm
The thing is that the front audio is the one able to drive high impedance mics and at the moment is useless ... if you may ... can you please share in a way the drivers you are using at the moment that has the front audio fixed because I am unable to locate an old version to do the job for me ... all I have found so far was universal audio drivers pack for Realtek but the only solid solution so far was to let windows handle the audio (without having the amplification of course as long as there is no control panel to set parameters) but even that after some updates down the road does the same thing :S
Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 / i7 8700K / HX1000i / H100i / F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
Edropian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edropian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 1:25pm
(I can't edit so I follow up) Where I say mics I mean headset 600Ohm etc :D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic